Vacuum Cleaner Service Repair and Parts in Boca Raton
Vacuum cleaners are a necessary accessory in our homes enabling us to maintain hygiene conveniently. However, as with all equipment, they need maintenance. In the case of central vacuum service, it is always advisable to seek the services of a vacuum repair shop in Boca Raton.
The Cost of Vacuum Cleaner Repair
The overall cost of vacuum cleaner repair is dependent on two major factors.
- The cost of the spare parts
- The hourly rate of the repair company
The Cost of Spare Parts
The cost of the spare parts varies depending on the make and model of the vacuum cleaner. High-end vacuum cleaners tend to have a higher price for parts. Keep in mind also that the cost of spare parts is separate from the hourly labor charge.
The Hourly Charge of the Repair Company
Repair companies typically charge homeowners by the hour. On average, the rates range from $10 per hour to $60 per hour.
Home Maintenance for Vacuum Cleaners
While some repairs require professional assistance, there are a few things you can do at home to help maintain your vacuum.
- For a central vacuum cleaner, you should replace the dirt collection bag every three months if it is used a lot, or every six months if the usage is light.
- If the vacuum cleaner is a bagless model, ensure that you empty it often. The recommendation for this is with every use.
- Check the brush roll under the powerhead of your cleaner and remove any tangled debris from the bristles. Be careful not to damage the bristles.
- Check that the brush roll moves while you're vacuuming. If it is not rotating, then the belt connecting it to its motor is worn out and needs replacement.
- Check the filters of your vacuum and refer to the manufacturer's guidelines on when they need replacement.
Signs That Your Vacuum Cleaner Needs Professional Maintenance
- No suction on the hose: This could be an indication that the wall inlet is damaged and needs to be replaced by a professional.
- Poor suction through the hose: This could be a result of a leak in the ducts from the central vacuum.
- The power unit is not powering on: This could signal that the central unit is faulty or that there's an electrical fault at the power outlet providing power to the central unit.
Vacuum Repair Near Me
A centrally installed vacuum system is not an easily movable vacuum cleaner. Therefore, you need a repair shop that is willing to come to you and carry out the repairs in your home.
Selecting a Central Vacuum Repair Company
If the issues facing your vacuum cleaner are complex and beyond your ability to repair it is advisable to engage the services of a vacuum repair shop in Boca Raton. Improper adjustments or repairs can end up being very costly in the long run.
The tips below should help guide you in your search for a vacuum repair company.
- Ensure that the company has the relevant experience to provide you with excellent service.
- The longer the company has been existence, the more experience they have and the better your chance is of a good experience.
- Ensure that their technicians are certified. The typical certification is called A+.
- The company should be willing to service and repair all makes and models of vacuums regardless of whether they were the company that installed them or not.
- Read online reviews about the company. These are usually available when you do a google search on the company name.
- Recommendations from a friend or someone close to you usually hold more weight than those from random strangers.
The Lifespan of a Vacuum Cleaner
The number of years your vacuum cleaner should give you dependable service relies on the following factors.
- Maintaining a regular servicing and maintenance schedule.
- Purchasing a reputable, high-quality brand vacuum.
- Only replacing parts with the spare parts recommended by the manufacturer.
- Only using the vacuum cleaner per the manufacturer's instructions.