Sewing Machine Repair with over 25 Years Experience
Sewing Machine Repair – Coral Springs, FL
Bring your sewing machine in for repair! SAVE $10.00 OFF on a tune-up when you mention this page!
Gator Vacuum has been servicing and offering Sewing Machine Repair now for over 24 years. Gator Vacuum & Sewing Co. is located in Coral Springs, Florida just east of the Sawgrass Expressway on Sample Rd. "All work is done on premises." We are only 5 to 20 minutes from Boca Raton, Coconut Creek, Deerfield Beach, Margate, Tamarac, Parkland, and Pompano Beach. Our expert Sewing Machine Technicians are well experienced and certified to repair sewing machines, both new and old.
Click Here - for our 10% senior discount!
Top Reasons to Have Gator Repair Your Sewing Machine!
- Your sewing machine is skipping stitches •
- Your sewing machine is running to slow •
- Your sewing machine is running to slow •
- The sewing machine has loose stitches •
- The light bulb on the sewing machine doesn't work •
- The bobbin is not winding correctly •
- It is gathering threads underneath the material •
- The sewing machine squeaks & requires oiling
If you answered yes to any of these questions, simply bring in your sewing machine to Gator Vacuum & Sewing Co. Our sewing machine specialists have the knowledge and experience to repair the problem. So don't worry if your foot controller is broken, tension requires adjustment, or the motor is bad; we will take care of it for you!
Certified Master Sewing Machine Technicians
Gunther Landsburg, 65+ years experience in the sewing machine industry. We are fortunate to have Gunther working for us for many years. He is considered in Florida the finest sewing machine repair man around.
Central Vacuum Yearly Tune-Up
NOW ONLY: $49.95 *
REG. $59.95 Sales
FAST SERVICE ! * Excludes Parts
Built in central vacuums are our specialty. We sell, service & repair all makes and models. Same day service – call us!.
Sewing Machine Yearly Tune-Up
Clean Moving Parts
Adjust Needles & More!
All Work done on premesis
Sewing Machine Repair
Our professionals have the experience to repair your sewing machine problems quickly and inexpensively.
Vacuum Tune Up - Yearly Checkup
NOW ONLY: $29.95
All Makes & models!
Vacuum Sales & Repair
We service and repair all household vacuums as well as commercial vacuum cleaners. We repair them all.
Quick Troubleshooting Operating Guidelines
- IF MACHINE DOES NOT SEW
IF MACHINE DOES NOT SEW PROPERLY
- Make sure the plus is properly connected into wall outlet.
- Check to insure that the clutch release knob is tightened after winding bobbin.
3. IF NEEDLE BREAKS
- Check upper threading making sure the thread is fed through the tension thread dial.
- Check lower threading making sure thread is snapped into the tension spring.
- Always make sure presser foot is lowered before starting to sew.
- Be certain that stitch length is set according to the stitch you selected.
- Insure that needle is not bent.
- Needle clamp screw may be loose. If this is the case, the upper and lower thread will not form a lock stitch.
- The needle size in combination with the type of fabric used are an important factor when you sew. A general guideline for needle size and fabric weight is as follows: for lightweight fabric: size 11 needle; for medium weight fabric: size 14 needle; for heavy weight fabric: size 16 needle
4. IF LOOPS FORM ON FABRIC
- Always make certain the presser foot is the correct one for the stitch being sewn.
- The flat side of the needle should face toward the back of the machine.
- Machine may not be threaded correctly.
- Guide fabric gently through machine: pulling excessively will cause the needle to bend and then break.
- Check that the tension is set between 4-5
5. IF FABRIC PUCKERS
- Tension on upper thread or lower thread may be set incorrectly. Insure tensions are not set too loose.
6. IF MACHINE DOES NOT WIND BOBBIN
- Tension on upper thread or lower thread may be set incorrectly. Insure tensions are not set too tight.
- If the bobbin case is not properly set into the shuttle, the thread will jam. Check to make sure the bobbin case is inserted tightly and cannot move from side to side.
- Again, use the correct needle size in combination with the fabric.
7. IF THE UPPER THREAD BREAKS
- Make sure the bobbin winder shaft is pushed to right.
- Make sure the clutch release knob is loosened.
8. IF LOWER THREAD BREAKS
- Examine the following: upper threading; bent or improper insertion of needle; check tension setting
9. IF MACHINE SKIPS STITCHES
- Examine the following: lower thread may be entangled in shuttle; bobbin is not threaded properly in bibbin case; lower thread tension may be too tight, always clean lint from shuttle area
10. IF MACHINE DOES NOT MAKE BUTTON-HOLE
- Examine the following: needle may be bent, dull or inserted backwards; check that the correct needle size is used in combination with the fabric; check upper threading; remove needle plate and brush clean any lint accumulation
- Check to make certain that the buttonhole foot is attached.
- Carefully follow the instructions in your owners manual. Every machine functions differently for making a buttonhole.
Your sewing machine should be serviced every 12 months. Here's why:
If you do a lot of sewing,
If you sew occasionally,
- Lint, thread and broken needles can collect in the needle bar, hook, and feed mechanism, causing problems ranging from noise to more serious problems that can stop the machine from sewing.
- Heavy use can remove the oil that the machine uses to run smoothly.
- Lint or thread pieces can cause serious tension problems.
If your sewing machine has been in the closet for a few years and you want to sew again,
- Lint, thread and broken needles can still collect in the needle bar area and in the gears of the thread-handling mechanism.
- Even moderate use necessitates oiling of moving parts of the sewing machine.
- A small piece of thread in the tension unit will necessitate cleaning and recalibration of the tension.
- The machine should be tuned up so that you will have peak performance and trouble-free sewing.
- Even sitting in the closet, the oil in the machine will dry out.
- Thorough servicing by your independent sewing machine dealer once every 12 months will eliminate all of these problems and guarantee trouble-free sewing. Feel free to sto pby and have your sewing machine inspected. Our friendly staff will be happy to answer your questions and provide advice to keep your sewing machine performing at its best. if repairs or service are needed, a complete estimate will be given prior to any work performed.
Note: These Operating Guidelines are not to replace your Owners Manual. For detailed instructions pertaining to your machine, it is recommended that you refer to the appropriate section in your Owners Manual.